Manchester OT work with local authorities to help reduce waiting lists for occupational therapy assessments. Our occupational therapists have a wide variety of experience, are all state registered and are all members of the British Association of Occupational Therapy. They all have previous experience of working in the NHS and Social Services and are aware of local processes and procedures. Manchester OT can provide occupational services to local councils, social services, housing associations and PCTs.
Manchester OT have experience of completing a variety of occupational therapy assessments, prescribing and fitting equipment and assessing for major adaptations. Once the local authority's waiting lists have been reduced, we can help to maintain this by agreeing to accept a certain number of referrals each month, to ensure that no patients are waiting longer than necessary to see an occupational therapist.
Manchester OT can provide a variety of services, depending on the needs of the service. We can complete an occupational therapy assessment and pass the individual's initial assessment report back to the local authority team to follow this up and provide equipment etc or we can provide a complete service and only hand back the referral once it is complete. The number of referrals can be agreed and reviewed on a continual basis. This is an effective alternative to using locum occupational therapists.
Examples of OT services include:
- Recommendations and ordering of any equipment and / or adaptations
- Refer to other services as appropriate
- Identification of any major adaptations
- Identify if carer assessment required
- Manual handling risk assessment
- Obtaining quote for stairlift / through floor lift
- Basic shower specification for adaptation
- Non-standard specialist equipment
- Reports to support re housing
Follow up services
- To include fitting and demonstration of equipment including powered equipment such as bathlifts, mattress, pressure cushions
- Demonstration of moving and handling equipment with client and carers
- Provision of a moving and handling plan
Please contact us or call 0161 883 0088 to see how we can help.